2015年7月19日 星期日

TOEIC多益---常用片語

常用片語

1.
一群收藏
a collection of
I have a collection of stamps.
2.
成就感
a sense of achievement
I got a sense of achievement by doing this right thing.
3.
各種的
a variety of
There are a variety of animals in this zoo.
4.
遵守堅持
abide by
We have to abide by the laws.
5.
解釋,導致
account for
I can account for my lateness.
6.
增添風味
 add flavor to sth
I need to add flavor to this drink.
7.
申請
apply for
I need to apply for this great college.
8.
事實上
as a matter of fact
As a matter of fact, I love this food.
9.
由於
as a result of
=as a consequence of
=because of
=owing to=due to
My lateness is as a result of the bad traffic.
10.
照所需的
as needed
in need 窮困者
You can buy the grocery as needed.
He is someone in need.





11.
打折
at a discount
I bought this dress at a discount.
12.
開玩笑
at sb’s expense
You are making the job at your husband’s expense.
13.
遭受批評
attract criticism
This project will attract criticism.
14.
引人注意
attract one’s attention
Don’t try to attract others’ attention.
15.
習慣於
be accustomed to=be used to
I am accustomed to the weather here.
16.
知道
be aware of
I am aware of my new responsibility.
17.
客滿
be filled to capacity
The stadium was filled to capacity.
18.
重要的
be high on the agenda
Getting the budget passed will be high on the agenda this time.
19.
負債
be in the red
This company has been in the red for the past three years.
20.
組成
be made of
This table is made of cheery wood.





21.
準備好
be ready for
I am ready for the new challenge.
22.
具結保證
bind sb to do sth
The contract binds Wang play for the Giants for the next four years.
23.
賺進
bring in
The sales bring in more profits.
24.
聚集
bring together
All her old colleagues were brought together for her retirement party.
25.
掌控
bring sth under control
The firefighters worked throughout the night to bring the fire under control.
26.
提起話題
bring up
Don’t bring up that again.
27.
增廣視野
broaden one’s horizons
This visit really broadened my horizons about European culture.
28.
建立
build up
She has built up her own business over the years.
29.
貨到付款
cash on delivery
Payment for this purchase will be cash on delivery.
30.
實施
carry out
The officer carried out the mission successfully.





31.
登記入住
check in
We need to check in before we get on the plane.
32.
出人意表
come as a surprise
Mary and John got married.  That really comes as a surprise.
33.
達成協議
come to an agreement
Let’s come to an agreement on this issue.
34.
接受檢查
come under scrutiny
That company has come under scrutiny recently.
35.
想出(點子)
com up with
We will come up with something to solve the problem.
36.
妥協
compromise with sb on sth
It is not easy to compromise with your opposition party on the new health bill.
37.
專注
concentrate on=focus on
Daniel has trouble concentrating on his homework.
38.
處理
deal with
I can deal with it easily.
37.
扣掉
deduct A from B
The company will deduct NT$1000 from your salary for the insurance.
38
退費
demand a refund
Chris demanded a refund for the faulty laptop computer.
39.
議價
drive a hard bargain
In some countries, you need to drive a hard bargain when you shop.
40.
惹惱
drive sb to distraction
This noise is driving me to distraction.





41.
失敗
fail to
Harry failed to pass the exam.
42.
歸於
fall into (a category)
This movie falls into a specific category.
43.
想出
figure out
I still don’t figure this thing out.
44.
填寫
fill out
Please fill out the application form.
45.
照程序
follow a procedure
Being a mechanic requires following a procedure to fix something.
46.
追蹤
follow up
It is important to follow up an interview with a thank-you email.
47.
在某期間
for the duration (of sth)
Since the meeting was stuffy, Sandy felt dizzy for the duration of the meeting.
48.
聚集
gather around
People gathered around the Christmas tree to open their presents.
49.
逃避
get out of
Don’t get out of your duty by any excuses.
50.
興奮
give sb a thrill
This movie does give me a thrill.





51.
允許
give sb/sth the green light
Don’t give your children the green light to play company games all the time.
52.
開始做
go ahead
Go ahead to make your dream come true.
53.
進入職場
go into a profession
After graduation, we all need to go into a profession to get some work experience.
54.
遠足
go on an excursion
We will go on an excursion tomorrow.
55.
被丟棄
go to waste
Enjoy!  I don’t want all of this cake to go to waste.
56.
以著稱
have a reputation for
This hotel has a reputation for its wonderful services.
57.
與合作
in association with
The company is developing a new line of winter fashions in association with one famous designer.
58.
萬一
in case of
In case of the emergency, the exit is on
59.
負責
in charge of
Mr. Wang is in charge of this company.
60.
流行
in fashion
Miniskirts are in fashion again this summer.





61.
狀況好
in good condition
This used car is in good condition.
62.
依順序
in order of priority
The supplies are limited, so we have to handle it in order of priority.
63.
開會中
in session
The meeting is in session now. 
64.
有存貨
in stock
<-> out of stock無存貨
Take stock=take inventory盤點
We have enough products in stocks.
65.
接受訓練
in training for sth
Tiffany is in training for the upcoming Olympics.
66.
使發怒
incur sb’s wrath
If you are rude to your parents, you will incur their wrath.
67.
承諾
keep one’s promise
I will definitely keep my promise.
68.
紀錄
keep a record
Our secretary has to keep a record of all the expenses in this department.
69.
保留選擇權
keep one’s options open
Our company hasn’t decided which offer to take.  We are keeping our options open.
70.
趕上
keep up with
As a professional, I have always kept up with the latest research.





71.
使陷入
lock into
The company is locked into that contract for ten years.
72.
期待
look forward to +Ving
I really look forward to seeing you soon.
73.
計畫
look to
They are looking to hire some staff in the new year.
74.
尊敬

看輕
look up to
=admire=respect
look down on
I always look up to my father.

Don’t look down on others.
75.
計算
make a calculation
I have to make a calculation about how much it will cost.
76.
決定
make a decision
Our boss hasn’t made any decision yet.
77.
列表
make a list
Before shopping, we had better make a list.
78.
預約
make a reservation
We need to make a reservation at the restaurant for Saturday night.
79.
建議
make a suggestion
Can we make a suggestion?
80.
約見
make an appointment
I need to make an appointment with my dentist this week.





81.
留下印像
make an impression
Jo’s performance made an impression on his manager.
82.
與聯絡
make contact with
I need to make contact with that company in U.S.A right now.
83.
進步
make progress
Sandy has made progress in her English.
84.
撮何
match sth/sb up
Can you match us up with a similar company in Italy?
85.
趕上、截止
meet the deadline
If we cooperate well, we will meet the deadline.
86.
履行義務
meet an obligation
Tom didn’t meet an obligation of a good father.
87.
更別說
not to mention
This company has lost a lot of money, not to mention prestige.
88.
執勤
on duty
I am on duty tonight.
89.
馬上可用
on hand
We keep most supplies on hand.
90.
再三考慮
on reflection
On reflection, I have decided to buy this house.





91.
達到目標
on target
We’re still on target for an early completion date.
92.
步入正軌
on track
I hope he can be on track as soon as possible.
93.
根據
on the basis of
This plan is on the basis of many elements.
94.
開放
open to
This proposal is open to discussion.
95.
用完
out of =run out of sth
We are out of paper here.
96.
壞了
out of commission
=damaged=broken
This computer was out of commission.
97.
因為習慣
out of habit
I did this just out of habit.
98.
產生效應
pay dividends=produce great advantages
This position is really paying dividends.
99.
償債
pay off a debt
Bill still has to pay off a debt to his aunt.
100.
盡職
perform a function=fulfill a function, carry out a duty
This job requires you to perform a variety of functions.





101.
買、
接送
pick up
I will pick up some grocery on my way home.
102.
收回
pull out
If the investment keeps doing badly, I will have to pull my money out.
103.
署名
put one’s signature on
Could you please put your signature on this paper?
104.
抵達目的
reach one’s destination
In no time we could reach our destination.
105.
恢復視覺、
歸還
restore sb’s sight

restore sth to sb
This operation may have the chance to restore her sight.
I need to restore this novel to James.
106.
意見一致
see eye to eye
After our discussion, I can say we see eye to eye on this issue.
107.
設定目標
set a goal
In order to get into a good university, Bella needs to set a goal.
108.
付帳單
settle one’s bill
We can’t leave yet because I haven’t settled the bill yet.
109.
關閉
shut down
Remember to shut down all the electric appliances in the office before you go home.
110.
報名
sign up for sth
I have already signed up for the yoga class.





111.
完全掌握
stay on top of
Regular meetings help a business stay on top of any problems.
112.
取決於
subject o
This handbag’s quality is subject to the designer.
113.
採取方法
take a …approach
Let’s take a better approach to solve this problem!
114.
收回
take back
I think I was rude to say that, so I decided to take it back.
115.
成為焦點
take center stage
BMW’s new X5 take center stage at this car show.
116.
考慮
take into consideration
We will take your suggestion into consideration.
117.
提款
take out=withdraw
I need to take out couple thousand dollars from ATM.
118.
買保險、
保單續約
take out a policy

renew an insurance policy
I want to take out a policy for my son.
When do I need to renew my insurance policy?
119.
參與
take part
I would like to take part of this business.
120.
提議
take sb up on sb’s offer
If you give me a twenty-percent discount, I will take you up on your offer.





121.
承擔結果
take the consequences
If you dare to do it, you should take the consequences.
122.
提出
throw out
I think I would like to throw out some new ideas for you to think about.
123.
有嫌疑
under a cloud
William left the country under a cloud of suspicion.
124.
飽受批評
under fire
The government’s new health insurance policy is under fire.
125.
無論如何
under no circumstances
Under no circumstances are you to smoke in this place.
126.
受控制
under sb’s thumb
Mary is tired of being kept under her father’s thumb.
127.
大家有份
up for grabs
The championship is up for grabs.
128.
懸而未決
up in the air
My study plans are still in the air.
129.
輕而易舉
walk in the park
Math s like a walk in the park for Tiffany.
130.
如履薄冰
walk on eggshells
I have been walking on eggshells since I took this position.





131.
樂歪了
walk on air
He passed the exam, and fell like walking on air.
132.
無聊至極
watch the grass grow
Every time I go to his home, I always watch the grass grow.
133.
度過難關
weather the storm
I can sure that you can weather the storm.
134.
不能成功、
不可能
will never fly

when pigs fly
This policy will never fly.
135.
嚴厲地
with a heavy hand
You shouldn’t treat him with a heavy hand.
136.
麻煩大了
you’re toast
If you don’t do it right, you’re toast.
137.
隨你便
your call=up to you=your choice=your decision
Whether you want to do it, it’s your call.
138.
不論、
不管
regardless of
Regardless of the bad weather, we will still carry out this work.

沒有留言:

張貼留言